These two phrases could perhaps be best understood by considering that Jesus desires to bring heaven’s rule to earth. Under his rule, there are benefits and responsibilities to his subjects, the church.
Jesus explains about the Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven through parables:
- The parable of the Weeds (Matthew 13:24-30)
- The parable of Scattering Seed (Mark 4:26-27)
- The parable of the Mustard Seed (Matthew 13:31-32; Mark 4:31-32, Luke 13:18-19)
- The parable of Yeast (Matthew 13:33, Luke 13:20-21)
- The parable of the Hidden Treasure (Matthew 13:44)
- The parable of the Pearl (Matthew 13:45)
- The parable of the Net (Matthew 13:47-48)
- The parable of Settling Accounts (Matthew 18:23-35)
- The parable of the Workers in the Vineyard (Matthew 20:1-16)
- The parable of the Wedding Banquet (Matthew 22:2-14)
- The parable of the Ten Virgins (Matthew 25:1-13)
Key verse about Kingdom of God: After this, Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God, Luke 8:1, NIV).
A lifelong student of the Bible, Peter DeHaan, PhD, wrote the 1,000-page website ABibleADay.com to encourage people to explore the Bible. His main blog and many books urge Christians to push past the status quo and reconsider how they practice their faith in every area of their lives.