In the Bible, Jesus makes several declarations of who he is and his character. He said:
- “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.”
- “I am the light of the world.”
- “I am the gate for the sheep.”
- “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.”
- “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies.”
- “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
- “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.”
He also provided insight into his relationship with his Father and his followers:
- “I am in my Father.”
- “I am in you.”
- “I am not alone, for my Father is with me.”
Is this how you see Jesus?
[See John 6:35, John 9:5, John 10:7, John 10:11, John 11:25, John 14:6, John 15:1, John 14:20, John 17:21, and John 16:32.]
A lifelong student of the Bible, Peter DeHaan, PhD, wrote the 1,000-page website ABibleADay.com to encourage people to explore the Bible. His main blog and many books urge Christians to push past the status quo and reconsider how they practice their faith in every area of their lives.