In the last post, we talked about the disciple Simon, who Jesus named Peter.
I only know of one person called Peter in the Bible, but there are several guys named Simon:
- Simon Peter (the disciple)
- Simon the Zealot (another disciple, which may be why Jesus called the other Simon, Peter)
- Simon the brother of Jesus (his other brothers were James, Joseph, and Judas)
- Simon the leper (the owner of the home where Jesus’ head was anointed with oil)
- Simon from Cyrene (who carried Jesus’ cross)
- Simon the Pharisee (the owner of the home where Jesus feet were washed with perfume)
- Simon Iscariot (father of Judas Iscariot)
- Simon the sorcerer (who asked to buy Holy Spirit power)
- Simon the tanner (who Peter stayed with in Joppa when Cornelius sent for him)
I would have never guessed there were this many Simons in the Bible.
Free Bible Reading Tip Sheet!
Bogged down reading the Bible?
Good news: there's hope! Reading the Bible can be a meaningful experience. Check out 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight
Let me know your email address. Then I'll email you my free Bible reading guide and add you to my mailing list. (Unsubscribe at any time.)Get 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight today!