In recent reflections, we have considered eight word pictures to give us insight into our relationship with God. While none provides a complete picture, each does offer a glimpse into one facet of who God is.
We looked at:
- God is a Potter and we are clay: He is molding us into his plan for us.
- God is a Vine and we are branches: He is nourishing us, allowing us to grow and bear fruit.
- God is a Hen and we are his baby chicks: He gathers us beneath his wings to protect us and keep us safe from danger.
- God is the Shepherd and we are his sheep: He watches us, protects us, and rescues us when we get into trouble.
- God is our Master and we are servants: He gives us opportunities to serve and honor him.
- God is our Father and we are his children: He loves us, died for us, and will give us an inheritance.
- God is our Friend: He talks to us, walks with us, and we hang out.
- God is our Lover: He desires spiritual intimacy and ecstasy with us.
Putting all of these together, we can begin to get a sense of who God is and our relationship too him.
A lifelong student of the Bible, Peter DeHaan, PhD, wrote the 1,000-page website ABibleADay.com to encourage people to explore the Bible. His main blog and many books urge Christians to push past the status quo and reconsider how they practice their faith in every area of their lives.