The movie Secretariat evokes this fitting quote:
- Do you give the horse its strength or clothe its neck with a flowing mane?
- Do you make it leap like a locust, striking terror with its proud snorting?
- It paws fiercely, rejoicing in its strength, and charges into the fray.
- It laughs at fear, afraid of nothing; it does not shy away from the sword.
- The quiver rattles against its side, along with the flashing spear and lance.
- In frenzied excitement it eats up the ground; it cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds.
Although this is a most appropriate description of the mighty steed Secretariat, it was not written for him or the movie, but was penned several millennia before. It is from the book of Job in the Bible; the movie quotes directly from the NIV version.
Secretariat is an inspiring, feel-good flick about a magnificent racehorse, his will to win, and his big, strong heart. It is also a movie about the determination and drive of his owner to make it happen, fulfilling the vision of her late father.
Secretariat is not only a movie most worthy of our time to watch, but as a bonus, it is also family friendly. From a production standpoint, it is top-notch, especially with believable recreations of the races themselves.
Join me on the journey!
Sign up for my newsletter and get weekly info to encourage as you move you into a fresh, new faith--all from a biblical perspective.