The book of Proverbs in the Bible has 31 chapters. They are organized as follows:
- Chapters 1 to 9: Solomon’s personal instructions to his son (or sons). [Proverbs 1:8]
- Chapters 10 to 24: More wise sayings (proverbs) of Solomon. [Proverbs 10:1]
- Chapter 24:23-34: A brief collection of proverbs from other sources. [Proverbs 24:23]
- Chapter 25-29: An apparent addendum, added by King Hezekiah’s men, but understood to have been from Solomon. [Proverbs 25:1]
- Chapter 30 and 31: Two appendices by other people that fit the book’s overall theme: the sayings of Agur [Proverbs 30:1] and the sayings of King Lemuel [Proverbs 31:1], followed by an epilogue, about the wife of noble character [Proverbs 31:10], which is perhaps the most familiar passage in the entire book.
Join me on the journey!
Sign up for my newsletter and get weekly info to encourage as you move you into a fresh, new faith--all from a biblical perspective.