Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Bible. A primer to reading and understanding the Bible.
- Q: I know very little about the Bible; what are the basics?
- Q: Why should I read the Bible every day?
- Q: When is the best time of day to read the Bible?
- Q: Where should I start reading the Bible?
- Q: What if I don’t have a Bible?
- Q: What version or translation should I use?
- Q: What are all the strange reference notations?
- Q: What is the Apocrypha in the Bible?
- Q: What is a spiritual discipline?
- Q: Does prayer, mediation, or fasting have anything to do with Bible reading?
- Q: What if I don’t understand everything that I read in the Bible?
- Q: What is a lectionary?
- Q: Which Gospel should I read first?
Please email us if you have a question, FAQ, or idea for new content.
Join me on the journey!
Sign up for my newsletter and get weekly info to encourage as you move you into a fresh, new faith--all from a biblical perspective.