Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Bible. A primer to reading and understanding the Bible.
- Q: I know very little about the Bible; what are the basics?
- Q: Why should I read the Bible every day?
- Q: When is the best time of day to read the Bible?
- Q: Where should I start reading the Bible?
- Q: What if I don’t have a Bible?
- Q: What version or translation should I use?
- Q: What are all the strange reference notations?
- Q: What is the Apocrypha in the Bible?
- Q: What is a spiritual discipline?
- Q: Does prayer, mediation, or fasting have anything to do with Bible reading?
- Q: What if I don’t understand everything that I read in the Bible?
- Q: What is a lectionary?
- Q: Which Gospel should I read first?
Please email us if you have a question, FAQ, or idea for new content.
Free Bible Reading Tip Sheet!
Bogged down reading the Bible?
Good news: there's hope! Reading the Bible can be a meaningful experience. Check out 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight
Let me know your email address. Then I'll email you my free Bible reading guide and add you to my mailing list. (Unsubscribe at any time.)Get 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight today!